Nexus Q... Another Google IO giveaway. Problems so far:
- Only getting 2 channel stereo for movies. Unacceptable.
- Continuous buffering issues on a 30M cable connection. Unacceptable.
- No basic remote. I need to unlock an Android device just to hit pause. Unacceptable.
- Both my tablet and phone are now stating that my account isn't allowed to make changes. Unacceptable.
- MAC address not printed on device or box. A pain to set up my firewall and WLAN since they limit access by MAC address.
On the other hand:
- Design. Nice. Funky.
- I can turn off the the LEDs. Excellent.
- Integrated power supply. Yes, please.
- HDMI connector. Thank you.
Overall, I'm here trying to watch a movie and... I don't have an option to download (to avoid the buffering issues), and it stops every few seconds to buffer. Sorry, but #fail.
Update: So I got bored waiting for the buffering and decided to check Google+ and watched a YouTube video. Now I can't continue watching the movie. All I get is a message stating "Playback stopped because you began playing this video on another device." #epicfail
Update 2: Did I mention the fact that I can't configure the Q anymore? Yes, I did. All I get is a message stating "Only the owner of this Nexus Q can modify its settings." As far as I know, I didn't rent it for 24h, it was given to me. Do I really need to pull up the Android SDK to reset the damn thing to get it working again, like I had to do with the Samsung Galaxy Tab?
Update 3: I ended up finishing the movie using Google Play / YouTube. But guess what? I paid for HD and YouTube only provided me with a 480 quality stream.
Update 4 (7/10/2012): Just got an email from Google that they've refunded my rental based on the issue I had. Plus one for Google. I stopped using the PlayStation Store for anything a long time ago when they declined to refund me for a movie that simply wouldn't play and they couldn't solve the issue.